Monday, June 21, 2010

No skin care product works for me?

Ok well I never really had bad acne but I used to get pimples and zits often. I used Neutrogena oilfree acne wash for months. But within the last month, my skin has gotten so bad. I've had red bumps on both my cheeks for 5 weeks now. I've been switching cleansers and treatments [which actually made it worse :(] and now my skin is just rough and uneven. Within the past 3 weeks, I've used 3 different brands (I know, it was stupid to keep switching). Clean%26amp;clear, clearasil, biore all don't work for me.





I want to stop using everything and just give my face a rest... but I'm afraid by not using anything, I'll break out more. What should I do?!No skin care product works for me?
Your skin is reacting because you've dried it out with all those harsh chemicals. It's trying to balance itself. The best thing you can wash your face with is something like Cetaphil lotion. Very gentle, no perfumes and won't dry your face out. No skin care product works for me?
You might go to a dermatologist and make sure it is acne you have and not eczema. Eczema will often show up as dry flaky skin and a red looking rash resembling heat rash. I do not know if I would worry about mixing the treatments as they usually contain the same active ingredients . The dermatologist should be able to give you something geared toward your specific skin type and be more effective.
What the skin needs is a product that clears pores and kills bacteria, thus preventing hair follicles from clogging and turning into acne. This is what you should be looking for if you want to get rid of those ugly acne.





Before trying any treatment, I suggest you read this informational source that listed the most effective acne treatments available:





http://www.17acnetreatments.com





P.S. I also know someone who used to suffer from severe acne for 14 YEARS and finally got rid of it completely. She's sharing her story at her site:





http://20six.co.uk/my-acne-solution





Maybe you could learn from her inspirational story


.








Good luck.



Ok listen. Every product has to have at least two months to reach its full potential. This way, your skin can get used to it. Your skin will get worse before it gets better. I would stick with one brand. Natural skincare is usually the best. I love Lush products





Http://www.lush.com





Under the face products, you can look and find a chart that you can look at to find out what is best for your skin.





My best advice though is to see a dermatologist.





Do not use compact makeup because the wax will breakout your skin.








Please be patient. It is only temporary. I know it sucks. But you have to know that you are still beautiful.





Answer mine?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
You may have to use a product for a couple of weeks before you start to see any type of dramatic results. ProActive works really well--I had moderate acne and it has completely cleared up since I started using it. AcneFree is a similar product that contains the same active ingredient and can be bought at WalMart and many drug stores at cheaper cost. Also, are you on birth control? Birth control can do wonders for clearing your skin, and it sounds like maybe your acne is related to hormones if the products are not working. Acne caused by hormone imbalance or stress cannot be cured with product, you have to fix the problem. Hope this helps;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin