Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What type of skin care would be best for me to use on sensitive skin?

I have extremely sensitive skin that becomes red if I use a product that is too harsh for my skin. I've tried some sensitive skin products from clean and clear but it seems that they are too sensitive and then they do not help against the pimples that are starting to appear. I've used Neutragena, Clean and Clear, Olay, and Clearasil. All of which has not helped me. The Clearasil did help some but it made my face really red so I discontinued using it. I'm trying out the new product from Olay. It worked fine at first, but now I am getting even more pimples. Is there any product that I can use that will help fight pimples but is sensitive to skin?What type of skin care would be best for me to use on sensitive skin?
You need to treat your skin as a sensitive skin, even though you have pimples. Clean and clear, clearasil etc will be too harsh.


Use a gentle cleanser - probably a foaming cleanser not a cream cleanser as it will be a bit heavy for you, with no perfumes, alcohol, acids, etc in it.


The same with your moisturiser.


Don't use any harsh abrasives or scrubs on your skin.


Avoid extremes of temperature, very hot or cold water, cleanse with luke warm water.


Wear sun screen.


the pimples are a condition and need to be treated in a different way while respecting the fact that your skin is sensitive.


For a start, take omega 3's this will help the barrier of your skin and help to regulate the oil production.


It also depends on where on the face the pimples are appearing, your age, what type of make up you are wearing, etc etc.


If the pimples are around the chin lower face area it could be hormonal, if they are inflamed it indicates a bacterial infection, if they are in the hair line, have you looked at what you are using in you hair.


If hormonal your doctor could help also if they are inflamed. Talk to your GP.


With make up - try a mineral make up it won't clog the pores and lets the skin breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin