Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Proactive skin care question.....?

So here's the scenario......


I've been using the Proactive 3 step skin care set for about a week now. I've been using it twice a day, morning and night. The first three or four days my skin cleared up %26amp; became less oily, my skin tone evened out, and my pores shrank and I thought everything was all good. But the past couple days, my skin started to itch and got dry and flaky. Anyways, I was wondering if I should cut down to using it just once a day and if I do should I use it in the morning or at night. I also want to know if it's ok to use the clean %26amp; clear brand daily pore cleanser (either morning or night when I'm not using proactive) and c%26amp;c advantage spot treatment on top of using proactive?


Sorry for the long question ; )Proactive skin care question.....?
Honestly the same thing happened to me. I got the dry itchy flaky skin....especially around my jaw line and chin. I would just put some type of oil free moisturizer (proactive also has a good moisturizer) on those spots only when I went to bed, and now I don't have one problem at all. Definitely stick w/ it, it takes time and you need to use it 2 times a day or you won't get the full benefits of it. Unfortunately if you do stop using it and miss a day its like you have to start all over, so I recommend being strict about never skipping a treatment. I never do and I am break out free other that that lovely time of the month where I might get one or two. Other than that, DO NOT touch your face it will only make it worse. Good luck and stick w/ it!! It will pay off!Proactive skin care question.....?
clean and clear daily pore cleanser -ingredients


Ingredients


Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Glycol Distearate, Farnesol, Laureth-4, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Fragrance, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.





Proactiv Warnings: When using this product, using other topical acne medications at the same time or immediately following use of this product, may increase dryness or irritation of the skin. If this occurs, only one medication should be used unless directed by a doctor. Do not use this medication if you have very sensitive skin or if you are sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide. This product may cause irritation, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling or possibly swelling. Keep away from eyes, lips and mouth. Avoid product contact with hair and dyed fabrics, including carpets and clothing, which may be bleached by this product. If going outside, use a sunscreen. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.


http://www.proactiv.com/system/system.ph鈥?/a>
yes if you start to use it once daily it should stop the dryness. I wasnt on pro-activ but i used to use something very similar and if i used it once a day i was fine but when i used it twice a day it dried up my skin especiallly on my forehead. Yes it is ok to use clean and clear whenever you want because although it has pimple fighting ingredients they are not as concentrated as proactive and wont dry out your skin.
You might want to reconsider using proactiv. The main ingredient in proactiv, benzoyl peroxide, is used to promote skin cancer in lab animals to study cancer treatments for humans.





Benzoyl peroxide works by chemically stripping the top protective layers of skin. These are the layers that used to protect your skin from the UV rays of the sun, retain moisture and contain the cells your body used to fight bacteria.





Clean and Clear does the same thing, just with different chemicals.





The damage caused to your skin from constant chemical stripping is similar to constant sunburns - with the same negative long-term effects of sunburn such as increased rik of skin cancer, accelerated aging caused by free radicals.





Maybe you should consider a more gentle routine that feeds your cells to keep them healthy instead of killing them?





There's a link to natural acne control in my profile if you're interested in learning more. Just click my avatar. Ask your mom to read, ';What Every Parent NEEDS to Know About Benzoyl Peroxide'; (link on my profile) and see if she still wants you to use it.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    thin skin