Monday, June 21, 2010

What skin care products can I do without?

I used to suffer from acne but now only get the occasional blemish. My skin is normal/dry.





All I currently use is an antibacterial face wash, oil-free day moisturizer with SPF and NeoStrata night cream with alpha hydroxy acid. And all that seems to be working fine, but ...





Is an exfoliator necessary? They seem to be a waste of time to me with their p*ssy little beads ... they don't seem to smooth or brighten my complexion the way AHA does.





Is a toner necessary? People used to believe they minimize pores but more and more reports are saying that's cr*p. Are they primarily for oily skin? My skin ISN'T oily.





Finally, do I need an eye cream? I'm only 19 but it's probably better to start young. Are they effective? Or just a marketing ploy to make you spend more money?





Any beauty/skin care consultants or even dermatologists out there to help me out?What skin care products can I do without?
You should get rid of them all! Your beauty rivals that of Aphrodite!What skin care products can I do without?
it all depends on your skin type we would have to look at you skin
Sounds like your skin is combination. I don't think you need an antibacterial face wash. That is overkill, plus antibacterial products are bad for the immune system and the thyroid. I would also ditch the AHA cream, too drying.





Find a good oil free cleanser. A toner isn't necessary if you are getting a good cleaning from your cleanser. Exfoliation is necessary. It buffs off old dead skin cells that cause blackheads and makes any wrinkles more visible. In your case a good Microdermabrasion set two to three times a week would be ideal.





Eye cream is good to use to prevent wrinkles. But more important is a good oil-free face formulated sunscreen. That could be built in to a moisturizer.
Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. This is the most important item for skin care. My mother used oil of olay for years and always looked 10 years younger then she was.


Also, always use sunscreen.
Okay I think you're using too much products and if you have an acne prob just try proactiv and I could live without the NeoStrata night cream and you don't need a eye creamor exfoliator or toner
trash the toner.


All you need is cleanser and SPF
don't bother with the toner and exfoliator if you're using AHA.but you can opt for a weekly exfoliant to get rid of buil-up.just make sure it's mild and hypo-allergenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin