Saturday, November 28, 2009

Best skin care routine for a 15 year girl with oily skin who has suffered with acne for 5 years ?

I always buy anything in the shops that say: ';great for oily skin'; or ';can be used for the prevention of spots'; etc. But they have never done me any good. I then went to a dermatoligist. She prescribed me tablets that didnt work, and i havent been back since.she gave me a 6month prescribtion, and i used them, and i saw a worse affect on my skin when i stopped using them.





I have tried everything. Pro-active didnt work after 4 months of use and i found it to be expensive at 拢120 for the 4months (拢30 a month)





I basically wash my face atm with teetree extract face wash, then moisturize, wash my face with just water when i get home from school (to get rid of grease) then i do the tea tree and moisturing thing again. And this still doesnt work.





HELP!Best skin care routine for a 15 year girl with oily skin who has suffered with acne for 5 years ?
I have oily skin and am about a year older than you.


I went to the doctors and got tablets, Oxytetracycline 250mg and a cream about 2 years ago. My spots looked a lot better after 6 months and were completely clear until like a month ago (just had a break out lol) but you've just got to give them time. I would usually get a spot sometimes but it would just be one and it would be gone in about a week. Since the breakout I went back to the doctors and have been prescribed some different tablets but that was just last week.





Don't try and use too many products as this can irritate your skin more. On a morning, cleanse, toner and moisturiser (oil free) and then on a night cleanse and then I use the cream from the doctors. Maybe a face mask once a week. To cleanse my face I use this exfoliating scrubber thing, which is like a rough piece of cloth that rubs dead skin away.





I was using Neutrogena but then my friend gave me some Dermalogica a week ago. It is seriously amazing stuff, my break out has nearly all gone in a week of using it. I think it's quite expensive but it's worth it. There's a cleanser, toner and moisturiser and also this overnight gel. I've used the overnight gel the last two nights instead of the stuff from the doctors and it's worked so much better.





Diet and exercise help a lot and drink lots of water to wash impurities away. All skin types are different I read up on Dermalogica and some people had said how it caused more breakouts but with me it's worked amazingly.





:DBest skin care routine for a 15 year girl with oily skin who has suffered with acne for 5 years ?
oh yeah I know exactly what you mean


What I do is make a mixture of salycillic acid, sulphur and Levomycetin(or another liquid antiseptic) rub it on your face after washing, after a few days you wont believe the result. I know it sounds gross a friend recommended it to me and I was like, NO WAY but really it works


I live outside the States and I don't know if you can get those things in America, but i got them at a pharmacy
I understand what you mean. I've suffered with acne for about 4 years. I started using Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop which comes in a tiny bottle, as well as washing my face with the soap every day. It seems to have worked a bit. I say just keep on going with the tea tree oil thing. Drink 2 liters of water a day. Do not wear any makeup. Stress also causes more spots, so try to relax more if you are stressed.
Try Laser Theraphy!!!!!!!!





IMO its worth it





Edit: I dunno though, since your only 15, u may need to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin