Monday, November 30, 2009

Can a skin care product still be used even if it's expired? Or will it damage my skin?

If a Proactiv skin care product is expired, can I still use it ? I have one that expired 2/2009. but I dont ..?


know if I can still use it. I called Proactiv customer care and they told me they strongly recommend me not using an expired one. Some of there products dont even have expiration dates! I am not sure if they just want me to order more so they can make more money off my orders.





Should I avoid using the product if it's expired??





any advice please.Can a skin care product still be used even if it's expired? Or will it damage my skin?
The Proactive product has benzoyl peroxide in it. As such, the peroxide molecule, over time, can become changed to merely water and oxygen, and hence become less effective. Nothing bad will happen to your skin, but you might not get the full benefit. However, if the product has been kept out of heat and light, it's probably still good.Can a skin care product still be used even if it's expired? Or will it damage my skin?
They are being extra careful in case something happens to you while using an out of date product.


In my opinion it's just that the product loses it's intensity. I wouldn't think that it would harm you. It might smell a bit off and the colour may have changed slightly but other than that, it's probably fine.
Better not to use it. Probably it does not have any harmful effect. But it may not also have its therapeutic effect.





Changes is chemical composition, bacterial contamination, change in colour, consistency, odour may be the other indicators of expiry.





Expired Tetracyclines cause Intracranial hypertension. This is the only one documented. Vitamins definitely expire. Chemicals used may lose their potency due to degradation with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin