Monday, November 30, 2009

Can certain skin care products actually make my skin break outmore?

I have always used Neutrogena(sp?) and I started using some products from this health magazine which is made from tea tree oil. My skin has never been so bad! I used to only break out on my forehead but now it's on the sides of my mouth, nose, and a little on my cheeks. The tea tree oil stuff I use is spot treatment. There are two little things I dab on my face. I used to dab it on the littlest zits. Should I stop useing it? Can certain skin care products actually make my skin break outmore?
some people are allergic to tea tree oil. i am one of those people. if you have small pores strong chemicals and herbs tend to make your face worse. try lavender oil. it works on most all skin types!Can certain skin care products actually make my skin break outmore?
It depends on what type of skin you have.





Is your skin...dry...oily...combination...normal or sensitive?





Knowing the answer to that question is worth 90% of your skin care.





Here's an example...





Let's assume you've got oily skin. And you use a product that is made to treat dry skin. What do you think will occur?





Well... you'll be adding too much moisture to your oily skin. And this can lead to breakouts.





So my advice to you is to first...identify your skin type.





Then you can choose products that best suit it.





Good luck :-)





Hey you may also find the information at the following website interesting:



Overuse of any astringent will give you more spots. Although tea tree is an oil it is an astringent which rids your skin of excess oil. If you use too much your skin starts to over produce extra oil to compensate. Give ur skin a little break from it and see. By the way Retin-A is the most amazing miracle product ever for spots.
yes u could have a sensitivity to it even a product u use for a while that doesn't cause a problem u can suddenly develop a reaction to it, tea tree oil is a wonderful product i use it for all kinds of stuff but not everyone can use it.... it dries my boyfriends skin really bad but its one of the few things i can use that i am not sensitive too
If it makes you break out I would stop using it. I used this one soap and it made me break out so bad and it was like impossible to get it to go away. So I would swich to soap that you know for sure doesnt irritate your skin.
It sounds like this is making you break out more. Dump it! You could also be allergic to it, or it is just irritating your skin. A lot of the time, natural is not better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin