Saturday, November 28, 2009

Skin Care: Is salicylic acid the one for me?

So okay, I have been using Proactive and let me say, it is amazing. but the thing is, it gives me irritation and redness. So i did a little research and searched for side affects and there it is, irritation and redness, and some even say to stop using it because i probably am allergic to benzoyl peroxide.





So now, I looked it up again, and there was Salicylic acid. I heard that Salicylic acid can be better for some people and i read people write that if benzoyl peroxide is not the one for me, then i should try Salicylic acid. I also heard it is better for your skin. So I have given a thought about Salicylic acid, HOWEVER, my skin is very sensitive.





The woman at the clinique counter even told me that asian have much more sensitie skin than foreign people. And i have tried alot of other products like clean and clear, neutrogena, Oxy, and idk.





I also heard mary kay skin care is very good for you. Is that true??





Please give me some advice on this!!!!


I really want to clear my acne, school is starting soon too.Skin Care: Is salicylic acid the one for me?
In the skincare industry the sheer volume of products can be daunting. Me best advice is to lay off the harsh acne products and go for simple, basic skincare.





My personal favourites, and the 'basic essentials':





Cetaphil: The gentle skin cleanser is loved by all who try it, and it's reccomended for people with skin so sensitive that they can not even use water on their face. It can be used with or without water, is cheap but works so well- it basically cleared up my acne within a fortnight, and left me with smooth, soft skin- no acne fighting ingredients, either? The moisturiser is a favourite because it doubles the skin's moisture content in four days, but doesn't make you break out.





St Ives: I adore their body products, but my personal favourite is the line of apricot scrubs. I use the invigorating one, but they are all amazing. Try the gentle or blemish fighting one, to use every second night.





Dove: Dove is THE most amaing brand. I absolutley adore it and could go on for years about how much I love it. It's so gentle, and the products genuinley work. They don't have any specific acne fighting products, but I really like the two in one cleanser and toner, for daily use.





My main advice? SIMPLFY! Try: Cetaphil cleanser in the morning, dove at night, cetaphil moisturiser morning and night, and st ives scrub every two days in the evening.Skin Care: Is salicylic acid the one for me?
Have you heard of Cephahil , I think its spelt like that, Cephahil works like a charm and has just what you need for your skin requirements. So instead of you adjusting to the product, once the product will do it 4 u. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin