Saturday, November 28, 2009

Skin care?? Massage Therapy??

I am torn between becoming a massage therapist or a skin care professional (facials, electrology, etc.). I love both of these career choices because of the flexibility of the hours, and the option to eventually work from home. I just had my first baby, June Alice (Oh god I love her!!) 5 weeks ago. So I need to be there for her!! My mom is retired and MORE THAN WILLING and able to take care of June while I go to school (If my boyfriend Ian is also at work). There is a program offering both courses, but it takes significantly more time (ofcourse)and although I know I could persevere, I think I would have seperation anxiety from June!! (I'm a stay at home mom as of right now :) I don't want to miss anything she does but I DO want to start school now or very soon because I want to have a career up and running by the time my baby girl is old enough to say ';Mommy, I want this...'; ';Mommy, I NEED that!!'; and while Ian is a good provider, we're not married (yet--but you never know what could happen with MEN %26gt;:O!! HAHA!!), and I want my own financial independence.





So my question is, should I take the route of massage therapy, or skin care?? Should I go for the gold and just do both, or just put school off for now all together?? What are the perks and benefits of each?? Which is more lucrative?? Which is more stressful?? I'm trying to be the best provider I can be, but I will always be ';mom'; first.Skin care?? Massage Therapy??
First off, Congrats on your new little girl! All babies are sweet, but there is just something about a baby girl! Anyways, I think you are so great to go back to school and be independent. I tried it, but I just couldn't handle it with work, kids, hubby, house, etc. I have a hard enough time helping my 10 year old with his homework! Anyways, I think either choice is a good one, but I wouldn't recommend doing both right off the bat. Like you said, you will always be mom first. Just lay out the pros and cons of each one. I bet the massage therapy you could kind of have your own schedule, where as the skin care you may have to find a job in a salon. On the other hand, being on your feet all day massaging all types of people may really wear you out! Giving the facials would be nice too, but working in a salon where all the rich people go and all the gossip that goes around those places wouldn't be much fun. Good luck, whatever you decide! And again, congrats on the new baby! Email me anytime!Skin care?? Massage Therapy??
By going to school to earn money, you are helping your baby get a better future. Anything for baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin