Monday, November 30, 2009

Skin Care Help - making face more clearer?

What should i be doing to help clear my face? I eat pretty healthy and I run almost everyday. I tried the seaweed Body Shop line but it was too harsh on my face and right now i am washing my face at least once a day with a Noxzema citrus face wash then putting and aloe cream on my face. Even tough my face is clean and im putting cream on a lot it is trill pretty dry and i am getting a lot of blackheads and zits which is bothering me. My face is clear except for the problem areas : Nose, chin, and between the eyebrows. Does anyone know what i could be doing to help clear my face or know of any face washes (product lines) that might help?Skin Care Help - making face more clearer?
This is what I do and use: In the Mornings I use Apricot Scrub: Invigorating then I use Clean %26amp; Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser to help sooth and reduce redness. Afterwards I follow with putting some L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise HydraFresh Toner on a cotton pad and wait for it to dry completely, then put on a doctor prescribed medication. Once every 2 weeks instead of using Clean %26amp; Clear, I use one Biore Self-Heating Mask then follow with my regular routine. Every night before going to bed I use 1-2 sheets of Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes to remove makeup and continue with using L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise HydraFresh Toner and the doctor prescribed medication.





Target:


Apricot Scrub: Invigorating: ~$4.00


Clean %26amp; Clear Morning Burst Shine Control Facial Cleanser: ~$7.00


Biore Self-Heating Mask: ~$8.00


Walmart:


Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes, ~$6.00


Walgreen鈥檚:


L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise HydraFresh Toner: ~$7.00 (99% Alcohol free)


Sam's Club:


Doctor Prescribed Medication: ~$5.00 (Ask your doctor about a treatment you could use and they should give you a prescription.)


Dollar Tree:


Cotton Pads (80 pk.): ~$1.10





-- I have oily/combination skin, so that鈥檚 mainly why I can use two cleansers in the morning, so if you don鈥檛 have that type of skin, I would suggest only exfoliating once or twice a week. And the Biore Warming Masks are mainly used to help my blackheads, so if you don't have blackheads, don't worry about getting it.





If this all seems too expensive and you're looking to save money, I have a few suggestions:


-- Buy a different toner, the only reason I use the L鈥橭real Toner is because I don鈥檛 like very much Alcohol, if any, in my Toners because it dries out my skin too much and that was the cheapest one I could find. You could easily find a different Toner for a cheaper price.


-- Rolling up tissue or toilet paper into a small square works just as well as any cotton pad.Skin Care Help - making face more clearer?
I have been breaking out for the first time in my life (I am 25) lately, so I went to the dermatologist the other day and she prescribed an antibiotic pill and a topical cream, I can't remember the name of either at the moment. The pill is like soldyn or something like that and the cream is derma something. Anyway, it sounds like you have a similar break out, I tried everything and I never really thought to go to the doctor because i thought it was just a temporary breakout, but it wasn't going away. So, if you have insurance I would go to the doctor now, but be sure to have rx coverage too, the antibiotic cost nearly$600 a month and the cream was $200, without insurance that is and i have to take it for 3 months.





If medical intervention is not possible, my dermatologist gave me some good advice, first, don't pick at your face, second, wash your face only twice a day with an antibacterial facial bar soap, like cetaphil and moisturize with CeraVe. Sometimes the best solution is to simplify, cetaphil has no harsh additives, and won't dry your face out, also it is only like 3 dollars a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin