Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dry skin care problems.?

So I have very severe acne on my face chest and back.


I'm on Acutane (medication in a pill form that gets rid of acne and prevents further breakouts) to try to remedy this but the medication has harsh side effects.


Dry peeling skin


dry cracked lips (painful)


both of these to the extreme.


Now this is the second time I've been on it (first time was for six months)


But this time the dry skin and lips are much worse than the first time.


I'm usin Blistex lip balm and while it works kinda, it only lasts a short time before it wears off.


It also rubs off on everything (food drinks hands clothes ect.)


It makes my lips very shiny if I put enough on, if I don't put enough on it doesn't work.


And I'm not sure if it's the acutane or the blistex my my lips appear twice their normal size(I look like a clown)


If any one has any answers as to effective alternatives to bothersome blistex, or a fixer for my clownish appearence


PLEASE HELP!


thanksDry skin care problems.?
I had that problem maybe a month ago but because I overwashed it trying to get rid of blemishes but they ended up getting worse and with dry cracking, flaky skin.....


You have to exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells so I couldnt stop exfoliating so I stated exfoliating less harshly and more gentle exfoliation. I moisturized my skin with thicker lotions made specially for dry faces and did it more often. I kept reapplying all day whenever it started losing moisture. My lips werent horrible but they were cracked and dry so I rubbed olive oil on them and again kept caramex on them. But the one where you put it on with your finger one cause that one is more thick and the other caramex are more glossy


But what I think helped out my dry skin the most is water. I drank TONS of it. No kidding I would drink it all day. I would sip it once in a while but I would take big drinks all day. Its true what they say about water it does great things for your body. Appearance wise it cleared my skin so it was moist and blemish free and just great skin overall.. Hope I helped you a out a bit and GOOD LUCK!!Dry skin care problems.?
i would say see a dermatologist.
Hi Zack,





There is a company called Volcanic Earth who specialize in manufacturing chemical-free products for acne and other troublesome skin problems. Their acne products are particularly effective. For your facial acne, you can't go past their Honey %26amp; Pumice Exfoliant. It is simply brilliant. It is mild enough to use on senstive skin and the drawing power of their volcanic pumice produces almost instantaneous results. If you don't notice visible improvement within a day or two, I will be very surprized.





You can use this same product on the back and chest but it isn't really designed to treat such large areas. A better product for this is their Tamanu Oil Butter. You probably haven't heard of Tamanu Oil as it is a South Pacific Melanesian remedy and largely a well-kept secret. Applying straight Tamanu Oil is likely to have a drying effect whereas the Tamanu Butter (which has 60% pure Tamanu Oil) also has moisturising emolients such as Virgin Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter.





For your dry and sore lips, look for their Nutritive Lip Balm (also uses Tamanu Oil) in their Tropical First Aid range.





Tamanu Oil is made from the nuts of the Tamanu Tree so if you happen to be allergic to nuts, test the Tamanu Butter on a small area of the skin first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin