Thursday, December 3, 2009

Skin Care, particularly the face. I need help please!!!!!!?

During the summer my face started to break out really bad. Especially across my forehead and now my skin is starting to dry out but my chin has been breaking out. It's driving me CRAZY! What products can I use to help stop this. If I wash my face to much now that's it's drying up I will break out even more. I've never had this much break out in my life and I'm 25. Please help me! As much as I might try I always end up picking at them.Skin Care, particularly the face. I need help please!!!!!!?
First of all, if it is that bad, I would make an appointment to see your dermatoligist. Secound, one way to keep your face from drying out would be to use a LIGHTWEIGHT mousturizer. Use a product like Oxy or Clearasil to dry up your acne. Also, when you wash your face use a product like with Salicic Acid to keep acne away. Don't touch your skin, no matter how tempted you are. That only worsens it! Also, exfoliating daily is not a bad idea. Hope this clears up soon!Skin Care, particularly the face. I need help please!!!!!!?
Nivea Young is great for oily skin





Clearasil Ultra for breakouts





Neutrogena for overnight spot-zapping





Hope this helps!! l;ilu XOX
What's your skin type?





Your skin probably flared up over the summer due to humidity ... the same thing happened to me this fall; as soon as I lost my tan, my skin seemed to erupt ... probably the combination of not drying my skin out in the sun + greasy college food.





now that it's fall, the drier air will suck the moisture out of your skin, and send your pores into overdrive, pumping out oil. Find a moisturizer ... (I can't recommend one, because I haven't had much luck .. but right now I'm using Cetaphil lotion, and it doesn't seem too bad ...)





Then find a regimen that works for you, and don't surprise your skin with too many different products. The magic combo for me seems to be Neutrogena acne wash + Clearasil vanishing cream. (I'm light/medium skin, oily)
Try changing up your skin care regime and look for products that will address the break-outs along with the skin dryness.





Try a gentle cleanser like the soy-based Aveeno which will clean without drying your skin.


Next use a gentle toner with a strong antioxidant like vitamin C which will help heal and protect the skin.


Then use a glycolic acid gel with a concentration of between 8% to 10%. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid, (AHA) which is a chemical exfoliant that will help treat the areas of break-out as well as get rid of the dead skin cells that collect on the surface of the skin. If your skin tends to be oily try a 1% to 2% beta hydroxy acid (BHA) instead. They are both also a great blemish preventor as well. Spot treat any emerging blemishes with OTC treatments.


There is this really interesting acne treatment devise called Zeno which has great reviews that you might try if you get really frustrated. (It's rather pricey though).


Next, find a moisturizer with a vitamin A (retinol) active ingredient which will also help restore your skin tone and prevent acne outbreaks.


Once or twice a week use a microdermabrasion scrub after giving yourself a facial steam for a deep pore cleansing followed by a hydrating facial mask or peel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin